The Marilyn Monroe Collection will be on exhibit from June 1 – August 31, 2010. The exhibit is being hosted by the Hollywood Museum in Hollywood, California.
Exhibit Artwork Created by Sergio Serrano
Items never before exhibited as part of The Marilyn Monroe Collection include:
- Marilyn Monroe’s Personal Pucci Blouse (Worn when the last ever photos of her alive were taken at the Cal-Neva Lodge)
- Marilyn Monroe’s Personal Travel Trunk
- Marilyn Monroe’s Personal Childhood Book: A Pictorial History of The Movies
- Marilyn Monroe’s Personal Script: Horns For The Devil
- Marilyn Monroe’s Limousine Receipts: From Marilyn’s personal files, outlining in great detail Marilyn’s travels in February, May and June, 1962, including June 1, Marilyn’s final birthday and also her last public appearance.
This will be the third joint exhibit with The Greg Schreiner Marilyn Monroe Collection. Together, we hope to create one of the most exciting and comprehensive Marilyn Monroe exhibits ever. With over 200 items on display, nearly all being pieces formerly owned by Marilyn herself including clothing, furs, makeup, furniture, documents from Marilyn’s personal files and household goods, it will truly be a magical experience for visitors. Exhibit guests will also see several of Marilyn’s film costumes, including from “The Prince & The Showgirl,” “Let’s Make Love,” and “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.” Also part of the exhibit: Original photographs of Marilyn taken by Andre DeDienes and George Barris, along with original artwork creations from professional artists.
More information will be communicated as it becomes available.