Sweepstakes Official Rules & Policies
- No purchase, donation or payment of any kind is required to enter or win the MMC Julien’s Auctions Marilyn Monroe Auction Sweepstakes (herein after referred to as “Sweepstakes”), which is organized and sponsored by the Marilyn Monroe Collection LLC. A purchase, donation or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning the Sweepstakes.
- To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be a natural person of legal age in the jurisdiction of your legal residence at the time of entry.
- The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 PM PST on September 7, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on Friday, September 30, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- To enter the Sweepstakes simply enter the requested information and click “Submit.” No third party entry or entry through automatic, programmed, robotic, Sweepstakes service or similar means are permitted.
- One entry per person only. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants who enter multiple times will not be disqualified from entry but will be entered for only one single chance to win the prize.
Catalog Box Set Sweepstakes: Five randomly selected winners each will receive one catalog box-set. Note: See Section 7 below under “Additional Terms and Conditions” regarding non-US resident shipping cost responsibilities.
Exhibition Sweepstakes: Ten randomly selected winners will each receive one ticket for entry into the Julien’s Auctions Marilyn Monroe Auction Exhibit in Los Angeles. Each ticket is good for one visit to the exhibition from Friday, November 11th through Saturday, November 18th, 2016, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM PST. Note: Winners are required to show proof of ID via a government issued ID card, when picking up their entry ticket from Julien’s Auctions. The first, middle and last name on the ID card must match exactly the information submitted for this Sweepstakes. In the event a winner is unable to attend the exhibit or live auction, the prize may not be transferred or assigned, except at the MMC’s sole discretion.
Live Auction Sweepstakes: Five randomly selected winners will each receive one ticket for entry into the Julien’s Auctions Marilyn Monroe live auction in Los Angeles. Each ticket is good for all three days of the auction (November 17-19, 2016). Note: Winners are required to show proof of ID via a government issued ID card, when picking up their entry ticket from Julien’s Auctions. The first, middle and last name on the ID card must match exactly the information submitted for this Sweepstakes. In the event a winner is unable to attend the exhibit or live auction, the prize may not be transferred or assigned, except at the MMC’s sole discretion.
- Each eligible entry submitted during the Sweepstakes Period will enter into a random drawing to determine the potential winners of the prizes, and that will take place on Sunday, October 2, 2016, at 12:00 PM PST.
- Questions? Send an email to: scott at marilynmonroecollection.com.
Additional Legal Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Sweepstakes, you warrant that you have read and agree to be bound to these Official Rules and that you are not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes winners will be selected and announced publicly via Facebook live streaming on the Marilyn Monroe Collection fan page (https://www.facebook.com/TheMarilynMonroeCollection/) on Sunday, October 2, 2016, at 12:00 PM PST. Winners will be notified via email message by Monday, October 3, 2016, 11:59 PM PST. If a winner does not respond to such notification within two calendar days of first notification attempt, the corresponding prize will be forfeited. The MMC shall not be responsible for: (i) the failure of a winner to receive MMC’s email for any reason, or for the inability of such potential winner to return MMC’s email message for any reason; (ii) failed, returned or misdirected notifications due to inaccurate information provided by an entrant; and (iii) submissions and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received, in whole or in part, by MMC.
- In order to receive the prize, you must warrant that you are of legal age in the jurisdiction of your legal residence at the time of entry and fully able and competent to agree to these Official Rules and participate in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by authorized account holder of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry regardless of the individual that submitted the entry. You may be required to show proof of identification and legal age and/or proof that you are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry and/or to sign and return complete to MMC any such documents as MMC may reasonably require in order to claim the prize.
- Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules are disqualified. MMC shall have the absolute right to determine if an entry is in compliance with these Official Rules without any notice to the person attempting to enter. MMC reserves the right to take appropriate action if illegal conduct is suspected. All entries become the property of MMC. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of corresponding prize or does not meet the eligibility or other requirements of the Sweepstakes, such prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries at MMC’s discretion.
- You agree that all the personal information that you provide in connection with the Sweepstakes maybe used by MMC only to the extent necessary for the purposes of the Sweepstakes and any related public service activities, including to send you information about MMC and its activities. Acceptance of a prize will constitute your authorization to MMC to use your name, likeness, biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notification, consideration, or right of review.
- Specifics relating to the prize not specified herein are at sole discretion of MMC. The prize will be delivered by MMC by certified mail. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by MMC, the winner is solely responsible for any costs, expenses, taxes and custom fees due in connection with the prize, its delivery and use. NON-US RESIDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CATALOG BOX SET SHIPPING COSTS. THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL AND UNLESS THE SHIPPING COSTS ARE PAID BY THE WINNER, BASED ON THE WINNER’S LOCATION AND DETERMINED FOLLOWING THE SWEEPSTAKES. The prize may not be transferred or assigned, except at the MMC’s sole discretion. No cash value or substitution of the prize will be permitted or provided, except that MMC, in its sole discretion, may provide a prize of comparable characteristics. MMC will not replace a lost or stolen prize. Prize must be accepted as awarded and entrants hereby acknowledge that MMC has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty or representation, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness to a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by their supplier.
- You acknowledge and agree that MMC will not be responsible for any problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including, but not limited to, computer, network, electronic, hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or jumbled transmissions, or service provider or website accessibility or availability, traffic congestions or unauthorized human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. MMC reserves the right to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes without advance notice in the event MMC believes, in its sole discretion, any such problem has occurred and thereafter to re-commence such Sweepstakes, if at all, only at such time(s) and upon such terms and conditions as MMC shall deem reasonable under the circumstances.
- You acknowledge and agree that MMC, and its respective officers, employees, agents and representatives will not be liable for any personal injury, death, loss or damage of any kind or any other causes of action or claims related to your participation in this Sweepstakes, or acceptance or use of the prize awarded, and/or based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Your agree to release and discharge MMC, its respective officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- These Official Rules and any dispute arising here from shall be exclusively governed by general principles of law, to the exclusion of any single national system of law. Your agree that MMC shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by MMC.
- Nothing in these Official Rules shall imply a waiver, expressed or implied, by MMC or Julien’s Auctions, or customary, international law, international and national agreements and local law nor would constitute or be construed as their acceptance of the jurisdiction of the courts of any country over disputes arising out of these Official Rules.
- The Sweepstakes is organized by MMC, which doesn’t endorse any prizes, products or services in connection with this Sweepstakes.